Being a personal practioner of witchcraft myself, I always
enjoy having a class lecture that is focused on the subject. Although I rarely
learn something new from it, I find joy in being reminded of its past and in
knowing that others are learning it as well. Paganist practices were so often
revolved around the layman, and to know that even in a time of chauvinistic
male-rule, a well-learned woman could be looked up to for her skills in the
craft is a fact that is falls very close to home. Especially while living in a
time where homeopathic and herbal medicinal methods are becoming less and less eccentric
and more often accepted, I feel that knowing the past is a very important
thing. From religion to religion, up next, I will discuss those Pagan practices
that were appropriated by Christianity and passed off as their own in order to
help with the conversion process.


No comments:
Post a Comment