This is yet another of those two part posts. First I will discuss the differences in small and large churches and their pros and cons in my opinion. Then I will give and describe a fabulous example of a small church.The most popular and visited churches in Italy are the large, elaborate buildings that stand as works of art to themselves, such as Saint Peter's and the Duomos of Milan and Florence. Now, not even I can argue that these churches are awe-inspiring pieces of artistic brilliance, but I seriously doubt that there can be an argument that valid states why these costly buildings are worth their price tags in the name of a god. They draw people in and maybe at one time helped with conversion, but in this day and age, the massive storming of tourists does nothing but distract those who truly want to be religious and put loads of money in the pockets of the religious elite. Now, I truly felt at home in the smaller, less ornate churches. These more religious friendly churches used less-ornate structures of more commonplace buildings and did not have the unnecessary frills that were prevalent with the more ornate ones.


No comments:
Post a Comment