It must be stated that even though the outside is still an
ancient Pagan masterpiece, the inside has been transformed into a modern
Christian church. I was apparently ill-informed about its contents, because I
was under the impression that the Pantheon was a ruin similar to the Colosseum
and the Roman Forum. I was definitely mistaken. Within there is a Catholic
alter, tourist booths and signs (which will be ranted about later), along with
paintings and sculptures representing the Christian beliefs. It is still
amazing to look up and see the wonderfully beautiful and simplistic ceiling,
not at all similar to the gaudy painted and vaulted ceilings that are common in
more illustrious churches. And to think that the open hole in the ceiling is
said to still not all rain to hit the floor is amazing. Pagan magick or
Christian miracle, I cannot say
.


No comments:
Post a Comment